Sunday, April 18, 2010

Homemade Sundubu Chigae

One of my favorite things about the weekend is Sunday afternoon. It's generally a pretty relaxing time, and a great time to experiment in the kitchen. Last weeks project was homemade Kimbap, this week was Sundubu Chigae.

I went to a new mart just down the street, and picked up the ingredients I didn't already have- Soup base, bean sprouts, clams, and green onions. I already had the pork, sesame oil, tofu, red pepper flakes, and egg.

Here's all my ingredients. The bean sprouts aren't required, but they tasted good!



First, I put some sesame oil in the pan, and cooked the meat. I came across the soup base by chance and it said in English "Spicy soft tofu stew stock." I bought it since it was exactly what I was making. Since I needed 2c. of broth, I had to add some water to it. Once the broth boils, you basically add the tofu and rinsed clams. When the clams have opened, you carefully crack an egg into the broth and boil it. Lastly, you add the sprouts and green onion.



I tried it once it was done cooking and exclaimed outloud "Oh my God! This is sooo good!" With rice and kimchi to accompany it, it made the best meal I've made for myself since coming to Korea.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will be able to make something like this during your summer visit here!

    ReplyDelete