Thursday, May 27, 2010

The South's Evacuation Plan

I read on Brian in Jeollanam-do's blog that he read on Chris in South Korea's blog about the emergency evacuation plan in case of the situation with the North getting worse.

Basically, it says "The United States embassy says Gwangju, Jeollanam-do, Jeollabuk-do except Gunsan, and the two Gyeongsang provinces comprise Area 4, an area with three evacuation points for American citizens, the nearest one to most Jeollanam-do residents being Chinhae (Jinhae, 진해).

They also recommend having an emergency survial pack ready to go (water, non-perishable food, playing cards) as well as having your important documents like your passport and bank details in an easy-to-grab spot.

I'm sure these posts have scared the newbies to Korea, and will probably also scare my parents a little. Don't worry Mom, I'll go on a scavenger hunt in my apartment this afternoon for my passport!

No comments:

Post a Comment