Friday, May 14, 2010

The rest of the semester

Even though it still be 2 months away, school is starting to wind down. I've got a lot of fun things coming up in May and June!

Monday May 17- My birthday and an entire school field trip. We are going to the 5-18 park in Gwangju to educate the kids about the May 18 uprising in Gwangju.

Thursday May 20- Sports Day. The kids play games and sports and have various contests all day long outside on the playground.

Friday May 21- Buddha's Birthday, no school. A 3-Day weekend!!

Wednesay June 2- Election Day. Voting for the new mayor etc. No school.

Saturday June 5- My school's one-year birthday! We'll probably have something special going on but I'm not sure what.

Wednesday June 16- Friday June 18- Entire school camping trip! I'm pretty sure that I get to go on this. The kids get to do fun activities like hiking, rafting, swimming, etc. Mihey says the teachers get to do fun "teacher" activities, which I think is probably code for eating lots of galbi and drinking lots of soju. I can't wait!

Thursday June 24-Friday June 25- EPIK teachers Spring Retreat to Boesong. We went here in the fall for a two day orientation, but our coordinator at the MOE thinks that this time we will have more free time to explore the green tea fields at Boesong. This will be good, because I think last time I missed the biggest viewing area when looking through different friend's pictures.

Thursday July 1- Last day of Korean class at Chonnam. Yes, I really like going and learning everything, but I know that by then, I'll have learned so much more!

I'm looking forward for the next few months, especially the change of weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment