Thursday, May 19, 2011

This is not a panini

I may have jumped the gun a little bit. I was very excited when I noticed a new coffee shop/restaurant (LavAzza) opened in Suwan two days ago. I'd noticed on their outdoor menu that they serve paninis! Panini's are one of my favorite sandwiches, and I was thrilled that I could get one so easily. They also had a bunch of other yummy sounding things on their menu.

First, let's take a look at a delicious panini:



I've always thought at panini should be grilled in a press, just like the one pictured. However, after a quick search on Wikipedia, I learned that sometimes they aren't. However, a grilled, pressed sandwich is what I associate with "panini."

The sandwich I ordered was called the "Rustico." There wasn't a description of what it was, but the price seemed right (6,500). What I got wasn't anything close to what I was expecting.



Woah, wait a sec. Did they use sauce to mimic the grill mark lines?



Yes, I think they did! Also, the fillings were minimal- some melted "cheese," "bacon," and sun-dried tomatoes. LavAzza did have other things on their menu, like pasta, risotto, and toasts. I do know one thing- if I ever end up going back, I won't be having another panini! Having this disappointing of a sandwich just makes me want a real one even more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment