Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Super Color Super Launch Party

As I'd mentioned before, Saturday night was the big music night in Gwangju. It was at Club Nevermind. I'd never been there before, but I showed up early to do a sound check with The Deserts, and got to see what it looked like before it got crowded. The stage was huge, lots of standing room, and in good condition, other than the bathroom!

The show started early at 8, because there were six different acts. First up was Feed the Boats, another expat band in Gwangju. They did really good; I hadn't heard them play before. They did some covers, but I think they also had original songs.



I knew the lead singer of the second band, Harp, from my winter camp at KeunByeol Elementary School back in 2010. They also did a fantastic job. Apparently, their drummer was only 15 years old! We thought the reason he was in the band is because it is the Music Academy's owners band, and he chose his best student to be the drummer.



The Deserts were supposed to go third, but for some reason the order changed and a heavy metal band was up third. They were second favorite band of the night! Check out their hair!



Finally, it was Deserts turn! Everyone was so excited, especially Rupert and Worth.



I can't remember when exactly it was, but at some point during their set, Kenny got up and announced to everyone that it was our one year anniversary and he wanted to dedicate the next song to me! I was so embarrassed! Then everyone was yelling at me to get up on stage to give him a kiss. So I did, and it was definitely something I'll never forget!! :)





It was such a fun night! I think the venue did a good job at making all their money back they'd put in to hosting the show. Tons of people showed up throughout the night, and literally hundreds of pictures were taken! Thanks to Amanda and Billy especially for the use of their pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment