Friday, May 20, 2011

Super Color Super

This weekend is a big weekend in Gwangju. The biggest live music concert of the year is happening Saturday night at 8 at Club Nevermind downtown. There are 6 different groups playing, including Deserts and Da Megook Movement. The cover is only 7,000 at the door, which is very reasonable considering the music will last all night.



I'm really eager to see Deserts play, as Kenny's recently joined the band (he plays guitar). They've been practicing a lot, and I know how much work they've put into it. He's played 3 shows already with the Deserts, but I've been out of town and haven't been able to catch any shows. I know they'll do well, and I'm looking forward to hearing their new songs.

I also haven't heard Da Megook Movement recently, either. Da Megook Movement has "Quick fire prose, lexical trickery and wordplay that will make you wonder why it looks so easy to do. These guys are good, the beats are infectious and the songs are so catchy you don't need a baseball glove to get hold of them." Kenny also makes many of the beats for them.

It should be a great night for live music (there's also another concert later at The Speakeasy), and I'll be sure to update you on how everyone sounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment